|Welcome to the Lewis County School District website. We hope you enjoy your visit. At Lewis County Schools, we are determined to continue to strive for academic excellence. Over the past several years our entire educational family has worked very hard to provide our children with all the tools essential to achieving at the highest level. Through a total team effort and a progressive, innovative outlook we have continued to make improvement.
I can say without hesitation that Lewis County and Lewis County schools are both exceptional and distinctive in their own right. We are fortunate to have such a dynamic community in which to raise our children. Once again, I hope you enjoy your visit to our website.
Benjamin (Benny) L. Pace
Director of Schools
Lewis County Schools are 100% accredited by AdvancED -- the world's largest education community, representing 23,000 public and private schools and districts in 30 states and 65 countries and serving nearly 15 million students. AdvancED is the parent organization of our regional accreditation agency, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools -- Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
The mission of the Lewis County School system is to develop a safe, total school program with sufficient scope to encompass the moral, intellectual, physical, civic, social, and aesthetic needs of our youth in a democratic society.
• Certified and Support Staff are to report for Opening Ceremonies at the LCHS Commons Area, 9:00 a.m., Thursday, July 31st.
Elementary, Intermediate and Middle School Students/Parents Open House:
• New students in elementary, intermediate and middle may register beginning the week of July 28th. All school offices will be closed for Inservice on July 31st. More information may be obtained by calling Elementary 796-5621; Intermediate 796-1029; Middle 796-4586.
• Reminder to parents of Kindergarten students: Kindergarten students will not be placed in a classroom until all required documents are on file.
• The Lewis County Elementary, Intermediate and Middle Schools will host an “Open House” for grades KG-8 on Monday, August 4 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
• Middle School 6th graders and their parents are asked to report to the LCMS Auditorium on August 4 at 5:00 p.m. for a brief orientation meeting.
• Intermediate 3rd graders and parents are asked to report to the LCMS Auditorium on August 4 at 5:30 p.m. for a brief orientation meeting.
Classroom Postings (Elementary, Intermediate, Middle School)
• Teacher/student classroom postings will be displayed on the entrance doors after 4:00 p.m. on August 4.
• Freshmen Orientation will be held on August 4 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. at the High School Commons Area. Schedules will be given if parents/guardians attend.
• Students new to the school system may meet with the Guidance staff on July 22 and July 23 from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. New students are to bring a birth certificate, TN Health Record, transcript or report card, proof of residency, social security card, and proof of custody.
Students Report for a full day on Tuesday, August 5. Buses will run on a regular schedule. For more transportation information, call central office at 796-3264.
July 22 - 25, 2014
UPDATE - Schedule
HS teachers, the 8-11 meeting on Tuesday will be in the HS Library, not MS Library.
|<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>|
|Results 1 - 4 of 5|